"Granite Dells, Arizona: The Prescott and Eastern Depot"

by Michael Boss
Casein on Rag Board
14" x 22"
From the Collection of Chuck and Ruth Hall, Manhattan Kansas

The Prescott and Eastern Railroad was a branch line railroad owned by the Santa Fe, Prescott and Phoenix Railroad. The building of this 26 mile line was started at Entro in the spring of 1898 and completed in September of that same year. The branch went through present day Prescott Valley and turned south ending at the town of Mayer.

The road served mining towns and had two connections with the Bradshaw Mountain Railroad at Poland Junction and Mayer.

The painting portrays a moonlit night with a SFP&P's Baldwin built number 2 northbound from Prescott to Ash Fork.